Did anybody say pizza again?

Pizza for the second time in a week, hum... you could mistake me for a pizza fan! This time Forno D’Oro was the place. It’s a recently open pizza place in Rua Artilharia I right in Lisbon Center. I heard a lot of talk about this white and gold décor restaurant, mostly known by its pizzas and of course it’s beautiful Golden Oven. The pizzas dominate their menu, with only a few choices of meat and pasta – this is fatal for me as I always intend to go for pasta. Anyway since that’s what they are known for I also had pizza.
Their pizzas are quite good.  Small in size which compensate with a tall, fluffy dough. They do try to innovate by having some pizzas with Portuguese ingredients such as our several types of chorizos, Francesinha’s sauce and cod fish. I appreciate the effort but for me pizza is Italian so no weird adventures. We had a reservation so we got a place right away, but I figure it’s a no can do without one. Parking was a bit hard and, because it was Saturday, the place was quite crowded. Nevertheless, even packed the place was quite pleasant and not too loud despite the many people. The beautiful golden oven you see and which the name to the place is the main attraction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did anybody say Sushi?

Paris - for a first timer

Best women's day article I could have found!